- Introduce major scales for the notes A and G.
- Understand the relationship between major triads and major scales
- Perform ascending and descending scales using quarter notes.
- Introduce and apply right hand fingering for scales.
In Lesson 1, we learned to play the major triads of A and G. In this lesson we will learn how to play a scale on each of these notes.
The scale of any note includes the notes of the triad. Furthermore it is useful to know that:
- the major triad has three (3) notes;
- the major scale has seven (7) notes.
There is a relationship between the major triad and the major scale which we will use to build our first scale – the scale of G major.
Next: Triad / scale relationship